By Jess Arnaudin
From orange to red, pink and brown, bold lips make an indelible mark. Matte always has a strong showing, but it’s the gleaming glosses that get us melting, particularly when topping sublimely soft, healthy lips!
3 Ways To “Dew” It:
Instant Gratification: Common culprits of lip dryness are fragrance, parabens, preservatives, and other allergens. A Lip Gloss that’s hypoallergenic (free of allergens) and packed with antioxidant green tea is brilliant in more ways than mere texture…and can “dew” your lips a world of good! For the candied pink finish seen above, try ‘Smack’ Lip Gloss. If you’ve got ultra-sensitive lips, choose a dye-free shade like baby pink ‘Slip.’
Expand Your Lip-Loving Wardrobe: Why stop at just one shade? Make all your lipsticks “dew”licious by loading up on clear wear-with-anything The Big, Brave Boo-Boo Balm (and reap countless lip-smoothing benefits, too!).
Wasteful Is So Passé: Before throwing out your lipstick, give it second life as a deeply-hydrating lip treatment. Make sure you’ve got your Boo-Boo Balm handy — its clinically-published virgin coconut oil and monolaurin are key.
- You’ll need a cotton swab, a small spatula or similar utensil, and a small jar (sample jars from the VMV Skin-Specialist Boutique are great options!).
- Wash the spatula well with soap and water, and wipe dry with a clean paper towel.
- Wash the jar well with soap and water. Wipe dry with a clean paper towel, then rinse it with 70% isopropyl alcohol and let air dry.
- Use your small spatula to scoop out the remainder of your lipstick into the jar. Even a teensy bit can be transformed into a lightly pigmented gloss.
- Use your cotton swab to scoop out some Boo-Boo Balm.
- Mix the Boo-Boo Balm and leftover lipstick in the jar, and voilà! Your new tinted Boo-Boo Balm lip treatment!
Say, buh-bye to chapped lips, and hello to brilliant lip color that cares for you!
Jess is an organic beauty coach and licensed esthetician, makeup artist, yoga teacher and beauty foodie! Follow her on instagram for her beautiful photography and expert tips for health, skin and soul!