When you need red-carpet glamor, think statement dress (tonight’s the night to take that baby out and show her off) and high-wattage yet elegant makeup. Appropriately dramatic (you don’t want that dress getting all the attention!), this look is confident and glamorous while remaining un-fussy and sleek.
What you’ll need:
- Skintangible “BBBB” Cream and Antioxidant 2-Way Powder Foundation
- Skin-The-Bluff Concealer choose the shade closest to (but lighter than) your skin tone. TIP: try the green “Red Alert” shade to cancel out redness, or yellow “No More Blues” to cancel out blue/violet tones in scars, hyperpigmentations, and und-ereye circles.
- Tarte-à-Tan Bronzing “Coco” Powder
- Skin Bloom Blush in Chisel, Bellini and Luminous. TIP: up the radiance by using these same shades in Boldly Glow Coconut Oil Blush Stick instead.
- Two True Hues Eyeshadow Duo in Bleecker and Morning After.
- (H)Eyebrow Eye + Brow Liner in Brown (or Blonde or Red — depending on your hair coloring or preference)
- Ooh-La-Lash! Volumizing Mascara (I mean, we said drama, yes?)
- Lip Glitter Gloss in Warm Chill
- Skintelligent Beauty Brushes
Start with your skincare regimen and a rich moisturizer like Creammmy-Rich Intensive Moisture Milk. Dewiness is always lovely, but in the heat of lights or full rooms, it may need some control. Start with Skintangible “BBBB” Cream, which blends into all skin tones, gives skin ultra-light coverage, and maintains your skin’s healthy glow. Follow with Antioxidant 2-Way Powder Foundation whose light-powder-when-dry-to-thicker-foundation-when-wet versatility makes it an ideal option for the modern matte (a healthy-skin, creamy-matte finish)…or just apply lightly to settle makeup and tone down excess shine throughout the night. Use our large Powder/Bronzer Brush to build up application slowly, for excellent control — again you want to see some of that gorgeously moisturized skin come through.
Don’t forget to cover up “quirks in progress” with Skin-The-Bluff Concealer.
STEP 2: WARM + SCULPTED CHEEKS
Dust Tarte-à-Tan Bronzing “Coco” Powder over face, collarbones, and shoulders. Sculpt cheekbones with Skin Bloom Blush in Chisel. Blend with peach-gold Bellini and add a generous helping of shimmery Luminous on the tops of cheekbones.
STEP 3: STRIKING EYES
Try a different take on the smoky eye with deep metallic shades that are warmer than black but just as intense. We suggest blending the beautifully burnished Bleecker and Morning After palettes (both Two True Hues Eyeshadow Duos). Highlight with Blush in Luminous under brow bones.
Line eyes dramatically — anything from a precise cat eye to slept-in-it smudging, so long as it’s bold. (H)Eyebrow Eye + Brow Liner gives you maximum flexibility: for this look, take the moistened tip of the Eye Definer Brush and dab it onto the darker shade. Trace upper and lower lash lines. Smudge with a dry brush or your fingertip. Take the same moistened brush and re-line top lashes.
For contrast, keep brows softer. Use the lighter shade from (H)ighbrow and our Brow + Lash Groomer to give brows a naturally-feathered yet clean shape in a paler hue. Apply multiple coats of Ooh-La-Lash! Mascara. Don’t worry, it won’t smudge through the evening’s partying or happy tears! 🙂
STEP 4: LIGHT YET LUMINOUS LIPS
Give lips a subtle shade but glamorous texture with dazzling Lip Glitter Gloss in Warm Chill.
Keep hair and accessories simple—it’s 100% face time.