By Morgan DeTienne
Between being tagged in photos on Facebook, posting your newest selfie on Instagram and uploading a new professional profile pic on LinkedIn, there is no shortage of self-portraits floating around the Internet. Photos are the new way to introduce yourself to the world, and healthy, flawless skin says a thousand words! A gorgeous picture begins with gorgeous skin, so I’ve laid out my foundation routine for taking an Insta-worthy picture…so you can put your best face forward.
1. Avoid shine by starting out on clean skin with the Fine Finish Pore Minimizing Skin Mattifier. Almost instantly you can feel your pores tightening and the oil on the surface of your skin disappearing. It also works wonderfully as a primer! Wait five minutes before continuing so it can take full effect.
2. Use your favorite shade of the Skin-The-Bluff corrector under the eye and on the eyelid all the way to the brow. This corrector works really well as an eye shadow primer and helps when you want to build color depth, as well as covering up those blue undertones around the corners of the eye.
3. It’s sometimes difficult to find a foundation that is exactly your skin tone. If you’re like me, create your customized color by mixing two shades of the Skin Savvy Foundation. I’m quite pale, which can cause me to appear “washed out” in photos, especially when the flash is being used. I love the N1 shade for all around coverage, and then add half a pump of the N2 shade to add a little tan while still matching the color of my neck.
4. Layer a small amount of the Skintangible “BBBB Cream” Non-Makeup on top to create a perfect dewy finish. I like to use my fingers to apply Skintangible so it blends easily into the Skin Savvy Foundation.
5. If you are still feeling shiny, brush a little powder foundation on the top. Layering Antioxidant Powder Foundation on top of the creamy liquid foundation does wonders for those oily trouble spots.
Now you’re ready for your close-up, gorgeous.
Follow Morgan on Instagram for more of her great tips and beautiful photos!
Or chat beauty tips with Morgan before getting one of our allergen-free, clinically-sound facials or peels at Hayes Valley Medical and Esthetics in San Francisco!